[No. 18 of 1980
Patents (A mendment)
GOVERNMENT OF ZAMBIA
No. 18 of 1980
Date of Assent: 21st December, 1980
An Act to amend the Patents Act
ENACTED by the Parliament of Zambia.
1. (1) This Act may be oited as the Patents (Amendment)
Aot, 1980, and shall be read aa one with the Patents Act,
hereinafter referred to as the prinoipal Act.
(2) This Aot shall oome into operation on such date as the
Minister may, by statutory instrument, appoint.
2. Section two of the principal Act is amended in subsection
(l) by the deletion ofthe definitions of" Court" and" Patents
of section 2
3. Section twent?1 of the principal Act is amended in sub
section (2) by the deletion of the words " Patents Tribunal"
wherever they OCCUr and. the- substitution therefor of " High
4. Section twenty-two of the principal Act is amended
(a) in subsections (7) and (9) by the deletion of" Patents
Tribunal" and the substitution therefor of " High
(b) in subsection (8) by the deletion of the words" Patents
Tribunal" and "that Tribunal" wherever they
occur and the substitution therefor of " High Court "
and" that Court ", respectively.
of section 22
-This Act shall come into operation on such dnto ,.." tho Minister may, by
statutory instrument, appoint.
Single copie« of thi8 Act may be obtained from the Goverl1ment Printer,
P.O. Box :WI30. Lusaka, Price 20n.