INDUSTRIAL PROPERTY - JANUARY 1990
LAWS AND TREATIES
Decree Implementing the Law
on the Protection of Ind ustrial Property
No. 87-18/AN-RM, of March 9, 1987
(No. 130/PG-RM of May 18, 1987)*
1. The filing of applications for protection of industrial property shall be effected in accordance with the
indirect filing procedure referred to in Article 5 of the
Bangui Agreement of March 2, 1977. 1
2. The National Directorate ofIndustry shall accept
the applications for patents, certificates of addition,
utility models and appellations of origin of applicants
domiciled on the national territory.
3. The registry of the first instance court of Bamako
shall accept the applications for registration of trademarks and service marks, industrial designs and trade
names of applicants domiciled on the national
4. The titles of protection for applications for
patents or certificates of addition filed between
November 24, 1958, and September 30, 1984, shall be
issued by order of the Minister responsible for industrial
5. Trademarks filed between November 24, 1958,
and September 30, 1984, shall be registered at the
Ministry responsible for industrial property.
Registration shall be published in the Official
6. The amount of the fees to be levied for applications for patents and certificates of addition and for
applications for registration of trademarks shall be laid
down by interministerial order of the Minister responsible for finance, the Minister responsible for industrial
property and the Minister for Justice.
a la protection
7. Acts of assignment, granting oflicenses, changes
following death, transfers, pledging or cancellation of
pledge, any change of address, name, business name or
legal form, concerning patents, certificates of addition,
trademarks or industrial designs shall be entered in the
special registers kept by the Ministry responsible for
industrial property and in the registers kept by the
registry of the first instance court.
I See Industrial Property Laws and Treaties. MULTILATERAL
TREATIES - Text 1·005..
8. The Minister for Industrial Development and
Tourism and the Minister for Justice, Keeper of the
Seals, shall be responsible, each where he is concerned,
for the implementation of this Decree, which shall be
registered and published in the Official Gazette.
• Official French title: Decret portant application de la Loi relative
de la propriete industrielle (No 87-18/AN-RM du 9
Entry into force: May 18. 1987.
Source: Communication from the authorities of Mali.
Note: For the Law on the Protection ofindustrial Property (No.
87-18/AN-RM of March 9. 1987). see Industrial Property Laws and
Treaties. MALI - Text 1-001.
Such orders shall be published
MALI - Text 1-002