SUPPLEMENT No. 7
3rd September, 2010.
to The Uganda Gazette No. 53 Volume CIII dated 3rd September, 2010.
Printed by UPPC, Entebbe, by Order of the Government.
THE TRADEMARKS ACT, 2010.
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS.
PART II—REGISTER OF TRADEMARKS.
2. Register of trademarks.
3. Copies and extracts from the register.
PART III—PROCEDURE FOR AND DURATION OF REGISTRATION
4. Protectable subject matter.
5. Applicant for registration of trademarks to conduct a search.
6. Preliminary advice by registrar as to distinctiveness
7. Application for registration.
8. Trademark to be for particular goods or services
9. Distinctiveness requisite for registration under Part A.
10. Capability of distinguishing requisite for registration under Part B
11. Publication of application.
12. Objection to registration.
13. Marks registrable as certification marks.
14. Application for registration of a certification mark.
15. Publication of application, objection to registration of certification
17. Alteration of deposited rules or expunging or varying of entry in
register relating to certification mark.
18. Registration in Part A to be conclusive as to validity after seven years.
19. Registrations subject to disclaimer.
20. Registration of jointly owned trademarks.
21. Duration and renewal of registration.
22. Procedure on expiry of period of registration.