Dahir No. 1-00-71 of 9 kaada 1420 (February 15, 2000)
on the Enactment of Law No. 13-99
Creating the Moroccan
Industrial and Commercial Property Office*
PRAISE BE TO GOD ALONE!
(Great Seal of His Majesty Mohammed VI)
Let it hereby be known — may God elevate and strengthen the content!
That our Cherifian Majesty,
Having regard to the Constitution, in particular Articles 26 and 58 thereof,
HAS DECIDED AS FOLLOWS:
Law No. 13–99 Creating the Moroccan Industrial and Commercial Property Office,
adopted by the Chamber of Representatives and the Chamber of Counselors, is hereby
enacted and shall be published in the Official Gazette further to this Dahir.
Done in Morocco on 9 kaada 1420 (February 15, 2000).
The Prime Minister,
Law No. 13-99 Creating the Moroccan
Industrial and Commercial Property Office
1. A public establishment with legal status and financial independence, with its head
office in Casablanca, is hereby established pursuant to this Law under the name of the
Moroccan Industrial and Commercial Property Office (OMPIC).
2. The Moroccan Industrial and Commercial Property Office, which shall be subject to
State supervision, shall be responsible for enforcing, through its competent bodies, the
provisions of this Law, in particular those relating to the duties entrusted to it and, in general,
for overseeing the application of legislation and regulations concerning public establishments.
The Office shall also be subject to the financial oversight of the State applicable to
public establishments, in accordance with legislation in force.
3. The Moroccan Industrial and Commercial Property Office shall be responsible for:
• keeping the national industrial property registers and entering all acts which affect the
ownership of industrial property titles;
• keeping the central commercial register and the alphabetical file for natural persons
and legal entities;
• keeping copies of acts relating to the commercial register which are based on local