SUPPLEMENT No. 4
18th March, 2011.
to The Uganda Gazette No. 19 Volume CIV dated 18th March, 2011.
Printed by UPPC, Entebbe, by Order of the Government.
Electronic Signatures Act
SIGNATURES ACT, 2011.
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
3. Equal treatment of signature technologies
PART II—ELECTRONIC SIGNATURES
4. Compliance with a requirement for a signature.
5. Conduct of the signatory.
6. Variation by agreement.
7. Conduct of the relying party.
9. Conduct of the certification service provider.
10. Advanced signatures.
11. Secure electronic signature.
12. Presumptions relating to secure and advanced electronic signatures.
PART III—SECURE DIGITAL SIGNATURES
13. Secure digital signatures.
14. Satisfaction of signature requirements.
15. Unreliable digital signatures.
16. Digitally signed document taken to be written document.
17. Digitally signed document deemed to be original document.
18. Authentication of digital signatures.
19. Presumptions in adjudicating disputes.
PART IV—PUBLIC KEY INFRASTRUCTURE
Sphere of application.
Designation of Controller.
certification service providers to be licensed.
Qualifications of certification service providers.
Functions of licensed certification service providers.